Friday, July 30, 2010

Arbitrary Milestones

Week 33 has brought 3 arbitrary milestones. Being the ever-impatient pregnant woman that I am, I am celebrating all milestones (big or small) that I pass and taking them to mean that I am that much closer to completing this pregnancy and having my little one in my arms.

Arbitrary Milestone #1: I have started the last full column on my estimated due date countdown posted on my office door. For whatever reason, this pleases me greatly.
Countdown

Arbitrary Milestone #2: I have entered the "I need more pillows" stage of pregnancy. I am up to three pillows now when I sleep and still can't get them quite right.

Arbitrary Milestone #3: My hands and feet have started swelling. It's not bad - I am still wearing my wedding ring, but I was somewhat taken off guard by this milestone. I thought I might avoid the swelling altogether this time since I haven't gained much weight. Alas, I was wrong. It seems that even if you gain minimal weight during pregnancy, it is still possible to puff up like a toad at the end.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's moving along for you. As for pillows I always need 3 pillows and I'm NOT pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! We are both getting so close!=) I hear you on the pillows! I am ashamed to admit I've been using like 5 these last three weeks! I don't know what I am going to do when Jonathan comes home this weekend, and I have to surrender some of the pillows. (He's been gone for 3 weeks.)

    I have been lucky so far (knock on wood) with the edema. I had only one episode last month, but I know it was my fault. We travelled to MO to visit my family, and I restricted my water intake on the drive up there so I wouldn't have to stop so often for the bathroom. Then, we didn't have bottled water in the hotel room, so I was drinking MUCH less than usual. And, we were doing lots of walking in the hot, humid weather in Branson. All of that combined led to some grossly misshapen feet! But, 2 days of super-duper rehydration and keeping my feet elevated while lying down erased all signs of it. Still going good so far...

    ReplyDelete