Saturday, August 7, 2010

Belly Mehendi

Last night my doula, Jen, came by the house and decorated my belly with henna "paste". It felt like cool mud on my skin. I let the paste dry, slept on it overnight, and flaked it off this morning. Henna leaves a stain on the skin after it is flaked away and is used to make temporary body art called Mehendi. Light skinned people usually end up with a lighter colored stain, darker skinned people end up with a darker stain. Today, I had maternity pictures taken showing the completed effect - the design after the paste was removed. I'll share those soon. Here are some of my belly while the dark henna paste was still on and wet. (By the way, with all the blue veins I picked up during this pregnancy, I think my belly looks like a bulging dinosaur egg. I got a lot of veins with Arwen too. I can't remember how long it took, but they do go away after the pregnancy is over.)

dinoeggcrop

Mehendi1med

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mehendi5amed

Photobucket

If you are interested in pregnancy mehendi, check out Jen's mehendi page here.

1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing! What a cool way to celebrate your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete