Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Geez, I hope that's a butt.

(T - 53ish days)

A few days ago, I was fairly confident that baby boy was head down. My doula felt around on my belly and agreed, the OB was hearing the heart tones down low on my right side and the chiropractor said my spine looked great (which can, supposedly, help baby get into a good position.) This Monday came and baby was extremely active! He wiggled and kicked and squirmed and turned so much that I've become concerned that he may have changed positions. I just can't tell. Unlike his sister who tried to pulverize me from the inside out, this baby has kicked and jabbed far less frequently and is extremely gentle when he does move. Consequently, I haven't felt enough definitive movements since all the excitement Monday to determine quite how he is positioned. This morning I woke to find a somewhat reassuring lump on my right just below my ribs. But, is that a butt... or is it a head?!

Right now, it is "too early" to worry if he is head down or not, but since Arwen was breech at birth I can't help but be nervous. I have an ultrasound tomorrow at 2:00. I'll find out just how he is positioned then. Until then, I have to try and not make myself crazy analyzing every little twinge and push I feel inside my belly!

If you find fetal position interesting, I suggest you check out the Spinning Babies website.

No comments:

Post a Comment