"The Waiting Place...
...for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or the mail to come, or a plane to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.
Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting."
-Dr. Suess, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
I haven't updated recently since not much has been going on for the past several weeks. Depending on who you ask, I am 39 weeks 4 days (according to my OB based on early ultrasound dating) or 39 weeks, 0 days (according to my chart) and walking the floor. I wasn't near so impatient with Arwen, but with a planned VBAC, it has been hard for me not to see my estimated due date (EDD) as an expiration date instead of what it really is- a best guess date when the baby will come based on averages.
The problem is that most OB's don't like to see women go far past their EDD. Since induction increases the risk of uterine rupture in VBACs and I want to avoid a repeat C-section, I told my OB that I did not want to pursue either until I was two weeks past my EDD. (For the record, if I make it to two weeks past my EDD, I will be opting for induction over repeat cesarean.) She consented readily, much to my relief since I have heard that many doctors in the area don't like women to go even a week past their EDD.
Now that I am looking at my EDD on the immediate horizon and nothing seems to be happening, I am borrowing trouble. I wonder, how will my OB react if the day comes when I am two weeks past the EDD she has given me and I tell her I want to wait another four days, until I am two weeks past the EDD according to my chart? I know full well that without my consent, she can't load me up in a wheelbarrow and force me into the hosptial for an induction or a c-section before I am ready. But, I am sincerely hoping that baby boy comes naturally before I must have this talk with my OB. The less conflict in our patient/doctor relationship, the better.
I'm waiting too! I'm very excited for you guys and I'm praying for a healthy and safe delivery
ReplyDelete